Since Apple announced they were backing the Blue-Ray camp, it will be interesting to see how long it takes for Apple to incorporate a Blue-Ray burner in their desktop computers. Pioneer already makes an internal BR burner, but if they think I am going to pay $1k just for that drive, they're on crack.
When they put a decent priced Blue-Ray burner/player in a Mac after they switch over to quad-core Intel chips, I might upgrade my dual G5 desktop at that point. I should have Sony's cool looking Blue-Ray player by then anyway.
I wonder what the learning curve is on DVDStudioPro.....I have iDVD...
Wags, I agree, using open circuit for fine tuning bouyancy for phot/videography is a real nice feature. As far as scrubber is concerned, changing out sofnolime is no bg deal, and I have a the "temp stick" in mine which is an axial thermistor array that tells me where my heat front int eh scrubber is and I get a graphical display of all that, works awesome.....if I wanted to be oblivious I could completely never look at the scrubber monitor and just wait till I get a red warning LED in my heads up display.... I am getting 8 or so tropical temperature hours out of a $12 or so charge of sofnolime.
Open circuit is less of a hassle though, but I have enough onboard gas to stay down longer than my scrubber life if I actually wanted to. CCR's are sorta like what HiDef 3 chip is to video. However for those that want to actually hear and record the audio of what goes on in a reef, CCR's rock....you can always hear all the clicks and pops and ever the bankga boats scrurrying about above you.