I have 2 SB-105s and plan to house my Nikon CP5000. I have heard that most strobes are more than adequate for digital. These strobes aren't digital strobes, but I wonder if anyone has had experience with this setup?
Do the strobes have enough power to recycle faster than they did with film?? Or will it be the same as with my NikV?
Are there any problems with Nikonos strobes in this setup? Any tips/suggestions??
Thanks for any advice.
The CP 5000 is very sensitive to light. Apparently much more so than the ISO would indicate. If you have a problem it may be in getting the strobe power low enough not to overexpose the subjec. Think in terms of a shutter speed of 1/500th and backing the strobe off from the subject.
As a recent purchaser of the Nikon CP5k & Ikelite dig housing- recommended strobe for my outfit was the Ikelite DS-125 strobes w/ hard wired cable and Ultra-Light arms. Any suggestions? Critique? I have not purchased the strobe(s) nor arms as yet... (cash poor & time crunched-the only reason for failing to make a decision on the matter). But the recomendation came from the previous owner of the housing I bought and he was moving up to the Nikon D1 (which I have now heard back from him- a total pain & a nice---"can I buy it back from you?") So I am wondering.... what to save up for in strobe(s), arms, and controls. Any help is appreciated as I am a novice in the U/W side of this gig.
The CP 5000 is very sensitive to light. Apparently much more so than the ISO would indicate. If you have a problem it may be in getting the strobe power low enough not to overexpose the subjec. Think in terms of a shutter speed of 1/500th and backing the strobe off from the subject.
Thanks for the input.
Hinhanska,
You can't go wrong with the Ultrallight arms. I use the double 8" arms with my DS125's and I am really happy with them. When I'm shooting macro, I remove one of the arm segments from each side and have a reasonable compact and stable setup for getting in close.
The DS125 strobes are small and VERY powerful for their size. If you are doing any shooting with the 19mm lens for the coolpix, you will enjoy the warm color and wide angle of coverage of these strobes.