Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Mating Trunkfish or Establishing Dominance

Started by geoffschultz ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Mating Trunkfish or Establishing Dominance

2 posts
  1. I shot this video of a Trunkfish mating aggregration site at Lighthouse Reef in Belize this past year. Half waythrough this video you'll see a segment sub-titled "Trunkfish Mating." I'm not sure if this is mating or males proving dominance. Any feedback would be appreciated.

     

    Here's the link to to video: Trunkfish Video

     

    -- Geoff

  2. I'll also point out that I video of Honeycomb Cowfish (which I realize are from the same family) exhibiting the same behavior.

     

    -- Geoff

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.