Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus c-4000 and pt-010 housing

Started by divetaylor ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus c-4000 and pt-010 housing

4 posts
  1. I own an olympus c-4000 camera, and I'm wanting to buy the pt-010 housing for it. I plan to use it mainly in Cozumel Mx. Is the internal flash useable in this housing in these waters or do I also need an external flash or strobe or ?? If some one with more knowledge about the camera and housing could advise me so I can make the right decision I would appriate it very much

  2. I've used the oly 4040 and pt-010 on my first dive holiday with a uw-camera. You can definately take some good pictures with that setup, as long as you learn how to use it. There are several good tutorials on the internet, such as www.jaytreat.com that tells you what settings work and what don't.

     

    However I've ordered an external strobe and some lenses, but I would recommend you wait until you've learned to master your camera first. If you follow the advice given on the internet, you'll definately have some pictures with you back home to impress your friends.

     

    If you look around for pictures taken with a setup similar to yours, here, and on www.digideep.com and elsewhere, you'll get an idea of what's possible, and what's not.

  3. Funny you say you headed to Mex witht that set-up. Personally I love it...both the set-up and cozumel. (we are heading to bonaire in MArch). ANyway, I use the c-40 and the pt-012. Close in pics are great and the flash does an honest job. I have the epoque slave strobe (es-150..i think is the model) . I havent used it underwater yet but it is very bright and overexposes close-in objects at full power. However, I think it will work out for me once I get some practice in.

     

    Will let you know.

     

    One major advantage of the 40 is the compactness. One disadvantge is that it eats those rechargables alive...especially with the vid screeen left on.

     

    Jeff

  4. Hey Divetaylor, that camera is very similar to the C4040, about which my website has lots of information. Don't hesitate to sent me an email if you think I can answer question after you look it over. As for things specific to the C4000, I haven't used one underwater but I do have access to one so I can make comparisons between the two and give you my best guess.

     

    Have fun in Cozumel,

    -Jay

     

    Reef scene from Coz

    006.jpg

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.