Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Nikonos V and SB103 Strobe

Started by addexdiver ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikonos V and SB103 Strobe

1 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    I have a Nikonos V with a cable connected SB103 strobe. The system has worked reasonably well over the years. Some great macro shots, decent view shots, and only flooded once...expensive! I am a cave diver and want to keep the photographic equipment relatively compact and streamlined, without alot of task loading. I find it a bit difficult to get a good aim and focus with the - well, no ambient light environment...not to mention I am not getting younger and my eyes are messing with me. In my OW diving, no problem. I like the SB103 strobe and thought maybe it would be good to go digital camera with a nice large display on the back. Any suggestions on a camera/housing/connection that would do the trick? Should I dump the SB103? Stick with the Nikonos? We dive with HID's (10-21W per person) and typically the background is cream/brownish limestone cave wall of variable distance - of course the diver subject most of the time is black with beady white eyeballs. :rolleyes:

     

    Much direction is appreciated!

     

    Thanks!

     

    # of dives = # of surfaces = good day

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.