Does underwater gear always take forver to get repaired? It's been almost four weeks since I sent my housing into Subaquatic Camera for a few minor repairs. Last week, three weeks since they got it, they finally got around to looking at it, gave me a quote for the repair, and asked if I wanted to pay a rush fee! I sent them the parts even, just said "do this and this, and here are the parts," and I need a rush fee to get it back in less than a month? Grrr...
For future reference, where do people on the West Coast send their stuff for tune ups? Backscatter?
Depends on manufacturers, I guess. I've sent one of my strobes for repair to Ikelite 3 weeks ago, and already got it back. This includes shipping back and forth from Singapore to the US.
Where as my subtronic strobe only had to go from London to Stuggart (equivalent distance as San Diego to San Francisco) and they went there in March and I still haven't got it back.