Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Mating Manta Clip

Started by CamDiver ·

  • 19Posts
  • 19Replies

Read-only discussion

Mating Manta Clip

19 posts
  1. Hey Wagsy,

    Courtesy of your uploader page I've put up a clip of an attempted mate between Mantas I'm just working on configuring clips for some other stuff and whilst this is in mp4 format I am also working on other formats. Just dawned on me that here I am watching everyone else' vids and I have never posted any of my clips.

     

    The file has been cropped and resized, hopefully the logo doesn't obstruct too much. The content is not something that is seen that often and whilst it is not full penetrative or successful at least we know now that Mantas like doggy style too !!!!!! :D

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  2. Oops, Correction to the link

     

    here.

     

    Sorry.

    Too many :D

  3. Hey Mark - couldn't get it to work - just a bunch of symbols! Would love to see........

     

    Bryce

  4. I was waiting for the them to start their backflips there. Great shot and very lucky.

     

    I played it in VLC player no probs.

     

    Mpeg StreamClips (Media Player Classic) would not play it, just a black picture.

  5. Just a bunch of code here..

  6. Dont you just hate that. 4 hours to upload a 1.67Mb file and then nobody can play it :D

     

    No problem here. VLC and Quicktime 7 gobble it up. This lot just don't know how to configure their systems properly :)

     

    Looks to me like the little 'un on the back is "making use" of the big un's dorsal fin. Kinky.

  7. Very nice, Mark! Where was that shot?

  8. YAP!!!!!!!!!!!! what you didn't see that here Eric?!?! :D

    Edited by MikeVeitch
  9. Hey Guys,

    I suggest getting some kind of QT compatible software or an Mpeg4 friendly plug in. Eric, Mike is on the button, the sequence was filmed in Yap. Its not often you get fortunate to see this kind of behaviour and in that clip you can't really see the action.......well just to get those guys even more frustrated, who can't seem to get the images to work that is.....here's another clip, same genre i.e Manta Porn. This time the lighting was good, clear water and I was right under the two cavorting lovers.....Lights, Cameras and ........ ACTION

     

    Enjoy,

    Mark.

  10. I played it fine - downloaded the file and then played in QT. Great stuff.

     

    Alex

  11. Didn't Eric get his money back guarantee for not sighting a manta?

     

    The problem is actually the browsers some of you have are not set up for mp4 files, so the browser loads it as a text file instead of using the plug in. Just set up the browser to use Quicktime or Windoze Media to play the MP4 file.

  12. OK.

    The last one I promise, prepped in QT7. No sex this time just a very nice signal that in some places of the world local shark populations are still high. This is again a sequence from Yap, entrance of Mi'il Channel in May. Also in Palau we get these similar aggregations of juvenile Reef Sharks just like these Greys.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

    Did you miss this one too Eric? :D

  13. got the disc today mark... so i can make WMV files for these people... :D

  14. !!! FORGET THE ABOVE LINK !!!

     

    Its been a long day, been staring at this damn screen too long. Fingers like sausages and a brain ( :D ) live a seive. The link to the shark babies is here.

     

    Cheers, I'm orf to bed.

    Mark.

  15. Hey Mark that looks cool, love that blue water...

    Did you shoot that on ya HDV?

    That clip also played in all my players...even wmp

  16. Nothing but code for me Mark. Darn, would like to see that too.

    Nice little clip of the dancing mantas on the previous post.

    Steve B)

    Edited by steve
  17. Interesting experinces listed here. Good for the forum title too, sharing work etc. SO lets get thinking caps on. For those on PC's I may understand that watching mp4 files could be problematic. However does quicktime for windoze work on the same codec as the Mac version???

     

    These clips were prepared from a PAL timeline in FCP5.1 on a Mac G5. Exported as a self contained QT.mov and then resized and encoded as deemed appropriate. The mp4 files were encoded from the master QT file and made compliant to mp4 standards by MediaStream from Squared5.

     

    Wondering why people are experiencing so many problems ???? :glare:

     

    OK guys, Hypothetically. IF someone wanted to put clips on a web site what would be the best selection of file formats or versions of that same clip? I would hazzard a guess as QT, wmv and mp4 in no particular order of priority.

     

    Thoughts???

    Steve, coming through on regular email.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  18. I just go with WMV9 these days but I post new videos on YouTube and Google Video as well and then embed the Google Video Flash video in some of my pages.

     

    I think the last I read was that 85% plus computers are ready to play WMV9. For Flash video it's 99%. As I can't get Quicktime to make as good a result as WMV9 for the same file size I've decided not to bother with it.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.