Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Thanks to all and a great time was had

Started by redsvt ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Thanks to all and a great time was had

3 posts
  1. After receiving great advice I just returned home, with almost 800 underwater shots over the course of two weeks. The camera (Canon SD630) and WP-DC30 case worked flawlessy. I am now tempted to get a bigger housing for my DSLR:)

     

    Anyway only had one close call so to speak. I checked the case before I left, for what ever reason I put the case inside my Sealife dry bag, then put that inside my backpack. The UW housing and camera spent probably close to any hour inside the dry bag and back pack. I took the camera out to use it, on land and noticed the inside of the UW housing had a pool of water in it. As you can imagine I freaked, took the camera out, dumped the water inside and waited unitl I got back to my hotel to investigate. Anyway dunked the UW housing in a bucket, nada, cleaned and retested, nada. Not sure what I may have missed, I did have a wrist lanyard on the same side as the housing clasp, maybe that got caught, cant be sure, or maybe it was sever humidity, it was a very hot day in the Carribean.

     

    Anyway the good news is it didnt happen again, and the camera was in the water as much as I was, and that was most of the time. Thanks to all on this forum for great advice and introducing to a new aspect of photography.

  2. Glad to hear you had a great time... welcome to the money pit! :D

  3. Glad to hear it all worked out in the end.

     

    Look forward to seeing some of your pics.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.