Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

New here and Hi!

Started by mhdiver ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

New here and Hi!

3 posts
  1. Hi,

    I'm new here and new to the world of underwater photography. However I am a professional photographer and instructor above water. I am just starting my scuba training and want to get a UW camera setup. I'm looking to do my UW photography as hobby and not to make money as I do above water.

     

    I am very interested in the Sealife DC500 elite. Could anyone please give me their opinions about the camera and set up!

     

    Thanks,

    I hope to have some of my first UW images soon

     

    Mike B)

     

    You can see my AW images @ www.mhaganphoto.com

     

    dive safe, dive often

    Edited by mhdiver
  2. Hi Mike,

     

    Welcome to Wetpixel..

     

    There are plenty of highly (if not) over qualified stills people on this sight..So as soon as they wake up or 'surface' You will be answered..

     

    I myself am a video person so sorry cannot help.

     

    Still welcome again and I hope you gain some valuable knowledge from this forum of friends.

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  3. Hello Mike and welcome...

     

    James Wiseman did a review of this setup a while back. May be helpful.

     

    DC500 review

     

    Shutter lag may prove to be very frustrating for you with this camera. One of the comments indicates significant lag time. I have not used this camera so am not really qualified to give 'expert' advice.

    Edited by dmoss

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.