Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

New Video Montage

Started by CamDiver ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

New Video Montage

11 posts
  1. OK guys,

    I've pulled out all the stops and put up a 27.2MB montage of clips here for those who want to see how I see the world underwater. The montage is called TRIBUTE and basically contains a bunch of stuff from both Yap and Palau. The intro title sequence was created in Apple Motion. The file is mp4 format so anyone with an mp4 browser or quicktime should be able to see it. Sorry but I don't have a plug in that will allow me to create .wmv files.........wagsy, maybe you'd be a fair sport and help out with that ???? ;):D I'd like to share this with the team here at WetPixel as I see it you guys appreciate this work more than the average Joe Blow in the street.

     

    OK thats enough blathering. Hope you enjoy my vision, my TRIBUTE

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

     

    ...................................................

    Edited by Wags on 5/08/2006

    Here is Marks wmv file to download.

    TRIBUTE 18megs

     

    ..................................................

    Edited by wagsy
  2. P.S

    All shot on my trusted old VX1000 in the Sealux housing. The system that's for sale in the classifieds.......hint, hint.

     

    Mark.

  3. Very nicely done, Mark. Bravo. Of course, I'm really partial to the Motion brush stoke elements, and you selected some very moving and appropriate shots for just the right places in the soundtrack. Good mix of macro and wide, I thought, and good camera work.

     

    My only thought would be to maybe drop the opacity a bit on the watermark, or blend/composite it (multipy) to give it a slightly more organic presence so it doesn't distract from the great visuals, but marks your footage nonetheless.

     

    Wonderful work!

  4. Thanks Mary Lynn,

    I was thinking about reducing the opacity on the watermark but decided to go with it as is. I will observe that protocol for the submission of the project we discussed. This is just a small sample of work from the past few years. There are so many different clips I wanted to use but prefer not to have images changing every 2 seconds. People need to see the fluidity of motion underwater, at least thats my opinion on it.

     

    Thanks for the comments, I appreciate the time taken to respond.

     

    Regards,

    Mark.

  5. Great clip there Mark. I love that clear blue water, just makes it so much better to shoot in. Your on a winnner for sure...just have to re shoot it all in HDV now. ;)

     

    I have been camping and just got back but will encode it to wmv for you.

     

    Liked that intro title sequence as well...well done.

     

    Cool dude...I think we really have to come and visit you over there one day soon.

     

    I'll do the wmv file for you now.

  6. Every shot is a money shot, no fillers here. Love the mandarin sequences. Really well done

    Steve

  7. Thanks Steve,

    For those of you who want the wmv version, courtesy of good old Wagsy you can get that here.

     

    Hope you enjoy.

    Thanks again for taking a peep at this short compilation.

     

    Mark.

  8. Very nicely done Mark. Excellent opening and some truly great shots. It is amazing what can be done with some of the older equipment. I would have preferred a single music track but that is just being picky. Can only imagine what you could accomplish with High Definition.

  9. Watch this space David......the new gear is all on the way. I'll be throwing the Zee around in anger within a week......gotta play catch up to Wagsy..... ;)

  10. Very, very nice...

     

    I think you will be thrilled with your new HDV equipment, and I am hoping you will share some footage captured with your new setup as well.

     

    Anders

  11. Anders,

    No problems. As soon as things start taking shape I'll be posting my findings and clips from the new equipment. Looking forward to it all to say the least.

     

    Regards,

    Mark.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.