Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Latest Podcast on Black Water Diving

Started by Mary Lynn ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Latest Podcast on Black Water Diving

4 posts
  1. Hello All,

     

    The lastest DiveFilm Podcast Video episode is up: Matthew D'Avella's hauntingly beautiful "Elements of Black Water."

     

    The first time I saw this video on the web (as one of the 2006 Kona Classic top three videos) it really grabbed me. I enjoy Blue Water diving, and love the pelagic animals encountered in that sometimes slightly disorienting open ocean environment. But this takes it even further out there into pelagic night diving: Black Water. There's just something magical about pelagic night diving that Matthew has successfully captured in this wonderful little film.

     

    The podcast can be accessed by clicking here if you have iTunes (version 4.9 or higher) on your computer, or click on the link in the righthand navigation bar of this webpage to learn more.

     

    Thank you, Matthew for allowing your film to be podcast as episode 26 of DiveFilm Podcast Video! For more info on Matthew D'Avella, who is a boat captain and dive guide on the famous Kona Night Manta Dives by night, and a woodworker by day, check out Matthew's website.

     

    Hope you enjoy this podcast!

     

    Mary Lynn

    Edited by Mary Lynn
  2. Mary you are the underwater Podcasting Queen... ;)

     

    Matthew's narrating and macro shots were wonderfull.

     

    Well done Mathew if you are reading this...can I buy a table from ya :D

  3. Thank you for the complements. Sure Waqsy, I'll build you a table. That way I can afford to keep diving! HAHAHA

     

    Matthew

  4. Really well done. I can never remember the names of some of these things. You certainly did your research. I'm the only diver in the world who has never dove Hawaii and I am finally getting there in 2 weeks. Can't wait.

    Steve B)

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.