Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Housing Help

Started by nuttydiver ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Housing Help

4 posts
  1. I have a Nikon d100 but i have no idea which housing to get? Seacam? Subal? Aquatica? So to all you guys out there who have owned any of these, your opinions and help would be good. Oh yeah, I think i can only afford 2 to 3 lenses .So which would you recommend? what strobes to get? .thanks

  2. Your very simple questions can coverage most of the discussions here in wetpixel :lol:

    For housing I'll be looking for second hand housing since the D100 is no longer in production there are a lot of used items in good prices.

    Most of us here have 2 main lenses: WA and macro, for macro the most recommended are the Nikon micro 60 & 105 mm, for WA there are the prime lens Sigma 15 and Nikon 10.5 fish-eye lens and also the zoom lens like the Nikon 12-24.

    For strobes the most recommended here are the Ike 125 and the Inon 220/240, I use two Nikonos 105 and find them really good, the main advance of them is the price, you can find used ones in less the 200$ and new for 260-300$ in e-bay.

    As I wrote in the beginning of the message search here in the relevant forums and you'll find a lot of information on this issues.

  3. HI ,

     

    I own a SeaCam for my D70, it is a exellent housing but very expensive :(

     

    But what I would suggest you do is to get to see & handle as many housings as

     

    possible to see which one you perfer in your hands. I also think that their is not

     

    one housing which is classed as the best housing as they all have their plus &

     

    minus. You may be able to get hold of a second hand housing for your D100

     

    as alot of D100 users have upgraded to the D200.

     

    Andy :guiness::blink::lol::ninja:

  4. There was a secondhand Seacam housing for the D100 on Ebay last week:

     

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

     

    It didn't sell, so you can contact the seller yourself.

     

    There are many used housings for the D100 on the market, so have a good look around. You can get a great deal.

     

    For lenses, look at the Nikon 60mm, and the Nikon or Tokina 12-24 zoom.

     

    Cheers

    James

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.