Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Weird creatures

Started by V_kids ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Weird creatures

4 posts
  1. Last Sunday I went diving at Lampung (south of Sumatra’s island)

    I saw this "ball" crawling on the sand (about 40 feet depth) (about the size of tennis ball)

    I have never seen a creature like this one...

     

    Can anyone please help me to identify this creature?

    bolaanehygbisajalan2zy5.jpg

     

     

    I also found this tiny creature.

    This is my 2nd time spotting this tiny creature (the size of this creature is about 0,5cm)

    nudi05cmxn0.jpg

     

    Same question as above.

     

    Can anyone please help me to identify this tiny creature :lol: ?

     

     

    Thank You

     

    Andree

  2. The first one is a sea urchin. The second one im assuming you're talking about the little white/orangy thing? That looks like a flatworm crawling on a tunicate.

     

    Cor

  3. Hi Andree - What great crisp pictures! The first is the flower urchin, Toxopneustes pileolus. The "petals" are the expanded pedicelaria which are used for defense. Most urchins have them, these are unusual in having venom which is quite nasty. Good thing you didn't touch it. There's not enough detail of the animal in the second image to be positive it's a flatworm instead of a nudibranch. Do you have another picture showing more detail? Or could you post a crop? Thanks....

    Leslie

  4. Hi Cor!

    Hi Leslie!

     

    Thx you for the information

    Good thing, i always practice my "habit" not to touch anything underwater :guiness:

     

    I will go dive again tomorow, i hope i can find this flatworm, and take a better pic of it.

    hopefully i can find it tomorow :blink:

     

     

    Regards

     

    Andree

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.