Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Shark Protection Project

Started by CamDiver ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Shark Protection Project

4 posts
  1. Hey guys,

    Seems like a few of you out there liked the last video clip eh?? Well along those lines albeit maybe not as "violent" I would like to produce a short 4 to 5 minute project which basically highlights the incredible adventure of diving with and filming / photographing sharks. The project will also carry a more sinister message in relation to the decline, decimation and slaughter of the species. I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Leandro Blanco feature "Shame on You"? But that had people going bananas. Maybe three and a half minutes long yet carrying a really poignant message.

     

    So basically what I'm asking for is for a wetpixel collaboration. I'd like to produce a short which I have tentatively entitled "Apex Pulse". I'm looking for footage of shark encounters but not just the shark encounters where the animals are docile and swimming along a drop off. I'm looking for energetic, fast and active sharks, inquisitive sharks, sharks bumping cameras, divers and boats etc. Sharks at twilight with water reflections on their bodies. Large sharks, Tigers and Whites, Oceanics and Hammers etc etc. I'm trying to look at showing sharks in all their beautiful and sleek raw power.

     

    SO if any of you guys out there have footage you'd like to chip in for this idea then I'd welcome it. I will sign documentation etc that I am usining this material for this project under license from contributors. This will NOT be a commercial endeavor and I'm not looking to gain financially from it. Credit will obviously be given to all and any contributors.

     

    The target projection date is set for Antibes 2007. That gives me just over a year to make this a real tribute to diving with these incredible creatures. I will also need maybe 5 to 8 disturbing shark finning photographic images.

     

    Look forward to any help that could be given. This is one opportunity to fight back in defence of one of our most sought after subjects.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  2. How do you want the footage sent?

    Steve B)

  3. Hi Steve, and anyone else who may be interested in this idea,

    Rather than clutter up the forum boards etc with ideas and requirements for this idea I would suggest that you direct all emails to me at my office:

     

    photoshop@fishnfins.com using Apex Pulse as the subject heading.

     

    For all footage I would prefer HDV but maybe there's not enough stock out there yet. MiniDV in either PAL or NTSc would be fine. Any collaborators should also include a standard waiver for me, under license, to use the provided footage for this project. The project name, until further notice, is as previously mentioned - Apex Pulse. I must reiterate that I am only wanting fast exciting stuff. Some images of camera operators whooping it up, OK signals, POV's of camera operators / photographers in frame with shark species etc. I think you all get the idea.

     

    Photographs of disturbing images of shark finning are also needed, even footage if there is some out there.

     

    All materials need to be sent to, along with the waivers and agreements which will be signed and returned to you:

     

    Mark Thorpe,

    PO Box 142,

    Koror,

    96940,

    Republic of Palau.

     

    In the event that commercial interest is shown in the project at a later date all collaborators will be included in all and any communications with the commercial entity in question.

     

    Thanks,

    Mark.

  4. UPDATE !!!

     

    Currently in discussions with the management of a UK based group, Oceanlab, for potential license to use their music for the project.

     

    If you have a shareware ability look for one of the following songs by this group:

     

    Beautiful Together

    Clear Blue Water

    Sirens of the Sea

     

    We're talking about potentially using one of these tracks but seeing as they are also due to release a new Album in October 2007 (right around the time for Antibes) they may even be open to creating a completely dedicated track, wouldn't that be awesome?They are also divers so thats an amazing turn of events. Thus far the management have said that they would also be interested in maybe using any final product as projection material at gigs etc.

     

    I'll keep you all updated on events.

     

    Cheers.

    Mark.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.