Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Hammerhead Club

Started by bobjarman ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Hammerhead Club

6 posts
  1. It often difficult to critique photos of people whom you have never met. Some people are offended by critiques, others want strong ones. So I have decided that as for as my stuff goes at least, I am starting the "Hammerhead Club". Adpated from a similar group at NPN.

     

    Basically, what I hope it brings, is that when I post an image, I want you to hammer it on critique. I am a firm believer that is the best way to get better. So go ahead.....make my day.

     

    I put it in my tag, and in the future, if I see this tag on anyone elses signature I will do the same. :)

     

    affectionately,

  2. And, of course, remember to do it in the proper forum. :)

     

    Perhaps we can tag subjects with "(Hammer Me)" to show that we are open to the harshest of critiques. :(

  3. Exactly.

     

    It is a lot easier here since we have seperate forums for critique and for show. That was a great idea!

     

    But I still hate tearing into someone elses image unless specifically asked to. What tends to happen is people just dont comment and that is unfortunate, IMO

  4. I apply critique by going along the psychological route... This I feel is more humane and the contibuter feels comfortable and learns from what has been said.

     

    If a sensitive individual reads a critique we have bludgened it may put them off ever posting a single shot.

  5. Exactly.  

     

    It is a lot easier here since we have seperate forums for critique and for show.   That was a great idea!

     

    But I still hate tearing into someone elses image unless specifically asked to.   What tends to happen is people just dont comment and that is unfortunate, IMO

    doh!

     

    I just merged the two forums. :)

  6. I'm with you on the hammerheads. I basically don't participate in the critique forum because it is way too gentle. I've seen many photos where it was obvious that the photographer needed guidance, yet the critiques consisted of: "really good color," "perfect exposure," etc. If I submit an image I want it judged the way it would be in a photo contest!

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.