Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Dumb question #2, How long to format 4g card?

Started by NWDiver ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Dumb question #2, How long to format 4g card?

11 posts
  1. Put the 4gig card in D200-turned it on-Pressed two format buttons till "for" blinks-Press buttons again and now 15minuts later still reads "For"; now what?

     

    Thanks

  2. That's just not right.

     

    I've never used the two buttons technique to format a card in the D200, I use the format menu item in the settings menu. Typically takes 5-10 seconds.

     

    I'd try switching off the camera, switch it back on after a couple of seconds, then format the card via the settings/format menu.

  3. Yeah, something wrong there. My experience is similar to Craig's - 10 secs max, but I use the buttons.

  4. best solution would be to send the camera to me and i can have a look......

     

    might take a while though....

     

    if you like i can test it underwater too! So best if you package it in the housing when you send for safe shipping....

  5. :blink::D Bwwaaaahaaaahaaaaa :);)

     

    Mike's back at his best!

     

    Aren't you supposed to be in the Phillipines mate?

  6. not till next wed.....

     

    but the mantas are goin off! so...

     

    tough decisions i tell ya

  7. Awwww didddums....

     

    Blow the mantas a bubble from me. :blink:

  8. I use the two button format on my D200 with a 4 gig card - about 15 sec same as via the menu.

     

    Dodgey card ? - does the card read and write on say a pc with a card reader ?

     

    Paul C

  9. i had a problem like that with an older 1gb card. it "locked" up my d200. so i just turned it off, took the battery out, took the cf card out. powered up the d200 and it was fine with another cf card. i have since not used that cf card on the d200, just for moving doc files to and from my computers.

  10. Mike I will be happy to send you the camera to fix as long as I retain all rights and control over any "test" images you take till death do us part, fair?

     

    I put the card in my other body and no problem it formated. So I need to test another card in the 1st body. One camera seems to have issues, now the pop up flash is not working. Tonight I will reset to factory settings and see what happens.

  11. Hmmmm, 4G cards. :blink:

     

    I took one on my last trip & it could take up to 10 seconds to write an image to the card; I say up to as it varied a lot. But it would format OK in the camera (D100).

     

    My dive buddy had a D200 & he too had problems with his 4G card: sometimes it wouldn't work in his card reader, sometimes it would - but not allow cable downloading from camera to pc.

     

    We both ended up back using our 1G's...........

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.