- 14Posts
- 14Replies
Read-only discussion
Sharks!!
-
-

Just the thought of my little point and shoot between me and a tiger like gives me pause to think 


-
note to self: when diving with tiger sharks, do not attach camera to oneself , if not

/paul
-
-
Holy Canoly!!!!!!
-
AMAZING !!!

Now Tiger sharks are getting into photography...
Where will it end.
Manta rays with HDV cams filming each other mating ???
That would spoil Mark and Mikes dreams..

Dive safe
DeanB
-
Didn't the shark end up taking a photograph, which was subsequently published?
In fact, didn't a copy of that photograph get posted on Wetpixel?
Or am I just hallucinating again.
-
My god I've just had a terrible nightmare..
I was just getting down to the funky love twist with a beautiful honey
When I turned around to see three large Pike with Z1's filming my moves 
Back off you fishy buggers..I say...BACK OFF !!!!
Dive safe
DeanB
-
I think you're right Craig ... i think it is a WP'lers camera and it was on an Abernathy trip .. probably another post about it somewhere.
Still looks hilarious though !
-
-
Manu has since returned to Tiger Beach with groups he brings from Spain many times.
To my knowledge, he hasn't lost another camera to ANY shark

dhaas
-
I've seen that camera taken enough times to know that the one in the picture is Jimmy's - the important thing is that every camera has been retrieved, and the only one that the sharks flooded was the one where a photographer tried to "negotiate" with the shark. If you follow the rules of Tiger Beach, all is well in the end!
-
Another good reason to shoot dSLR rather than PnS
and why D2X is better than D70s/D200! and aluminium housing over acrylic 
-
... the only one that the sharks flooded was the one where a photographer tried to "negotiate" with the shark.
Has anybody thought of giving the shark a tube of silicone first to prevent flooding ?
