Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

How things change!

Started by Paul Kay ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

How things change!

3 posts
  1. I was in my local dealer's the other day and happened to look around their main showroom whilst waiting. I realised that I could see NO product made by Kodak! 5 years ago Kodak logos would have been all over the place - film, paper, chemicals, projectors, etc. I mentioned this to a staff member and was told that not only could I see nothing by Kodak, but they were about to remove their film display/dispenser altogether and replace the display with digital storage cards. Whilst they will still stock film it is now clearly regarded as a peripheral sale and will presumeably have to be requested. I for one would not have believed it if you'd told me this 5 years ago!

  2. Funnily enough, 7 years back, I asked a visiting pro if he would sell me some of his gear second-hand (the stuff was impossible to find new in Mauritius then, as it still is now). He readily agreed, as he had decided to switch to digital. While this may have been a tad premature then, he sure was a visionary...

  3. LOL matt, replacing your lost posts..... :)

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.