Aren't you "unhappy" your kids aren't there to celebrate with you?
A suggestion for a birthday present to yourself. Go video!
Read-only discussion
Aren't you "unhappy" your kids aren't there to celebrate with you?
A suggestion for a birthday present to yourself. Go video!
Happy birthday too!
I was at Crystal Bay a couple of days ago (Thursday and Friday) leading a group trip. I did 3 dives there and saw 6 Mola mola. So the odds are good.
In fact the conditions were so reliable that on one occasion we saw another underwater photographer there on his own, and I decided to switch our dive to later in the day - so he didn't end up with my group of 13 divers jumping in on top of him. A bit of professional courtesy!
Alex
Thanks for the well wishes! But - now on top of feeling old...I feel stupid! Turns out that I cancelled at the last minute and shawnh and NickJ are filming Mola Molas at Crystal without me. I'm sure it will be the best weekend ever haha.
Instead I went Mola Monkey spotting in Bukit Timah with the kids. We had a sweaty awesome time.
The elusive Singapore Mola Monkey (child and adult):
Yes Happy B'day Mr Jbonehoss,
Your of an exciting age just like myself..
If life begins at 40 we have 3 more years of wild prep..
Dive safe
DeanB
Justin, your birthday present is knowing that Shawn and I had a most unbelievable Mola Mola weekend at Crystal Bay, and that I am no longer complaining about having a crappy camera and housing.
Woah! Couldn't have asked for a better christening of the new gear - the water was like gin, and the Molas all came out to play, or at least be nibbed at by banner fish. Largest was about 3m from dorsal to ventral fin and dwarfed Shawn, who yes got in all the shots. Missed you and all those strobes popping ....
The cold water down-currents at 40m at the far end of the bay were a treat for testing large camera housings in interesting situations, but although the drag was a challenge, the egonomics of the housing ensured I could still reach my BC blast button and live to tell the tale! BTW 'old and stupid' means getting caught in the current, and finding your dive computer's battery conked out because you didn't check before you left home. You don't come close, you have to be at least 55 to be that stupid ![]()
We really missed you buddy! Next time ......
Nick you are not building a good case for South Africa. Justin and I decided you were a liability because your housing was heavier than you.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.