Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Gannet diving soundtrack (embedded vid)

Started by Drew ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Gannet diving soundtrack (embedded vid)

6 posts
  1. For those who want to hear what it sounds like for a gannet hitting the water, watch this vid with a good set of speakers that can hit 35hz. I didn't notice it myself since I edited that on a laptop. Only when a friend who just emailed me to tell me it was there that I found out.

    Listen for the thumps just before you see the gannets enter the pic.

     

    Edited by Drew
  2. I've been in the water for somthing like that myself, one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

  3. Hey that's cool Drew...what's the blob in the middle of some shots...

     

     

     

     

    Har Har was to quick....just read ya credits....funny.....

  4. Well worth the 25mins to download that lot...

     

    It looks great out there..

     

    Personnally I'd take a speargun with you on the next trip. People might start avoiding 'The crazy dude with the cam and gun'...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  5. Dear Scubadru,

    I am a biologist in japan working on seabirds, especially gannets. A colleague sent me the link to your video of plunging gannets and I was really impressed by it. I was wondering if you would allow me to use a small sequence of it (fully credited to you, of course) in a research article that deals with the plunge features of this bird. The video shows exactly what I recorded on a gannet using a minitature accelerometer attached to the bird and this could be a good suport for the paper. Please let me know if you accept. In the meantime, thanks for the nice video.

    Have a nice day,

    Yan

     

     

    For those who want to hear what it sounds like for a gannet hitting the water, watch this vid with a good set of speakers that can hit 35hz. I didn't notice it myself since I edited that on a laptop. Only when a friend who just emailed me to tell me it was there that I found out.

    Listen for the thumps just before you see the gannets enter the pic.

     

    Edited by Wags.....so as to not have two clips runing on this page....

    Edited by wagsy
  6. Dean, It downloaded for me instantly. What kind of system are you using? If it is a PC, have you defragged your hard drive lately?

    Steve B)

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.