Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Is this a Nudi?

Started by col ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Is this a Nudi?

8 posts
  1. Hi

     

    Can someone help me ID this nudi? - assuming it is a nudi :)

     

    post-4657-1157449518_thumb.jpg

     

    post-4657-1157449743_thumb.jpg

     

    My friend found it a few weeks before I dived at the same site in Puri Jati, Bali. It's appears to be living on a fern. There were quite a few of them inc some really really small ones (juveniles???) - bearing in mind the largest one was probably only 5-10mm long!

     

    Thanks for the help...

     

    Col.

  2. Hi

     

    Can someone help me ID this nudi? - assuming it is a nudi :)

     

    post-4657-1157449518_thumb.jpg

     

    post-4657-1157449743_thumb.jpg

     

    My friend found it a few weeks before I dived at the same site in Puri Jati, Bali. It's appears to be living on a fern. There were quite a few of them inc some really really small ones (juveniles???) - bearing in mind the largest one was probably only 5-10mm long!

     

    Thanks for the help...

     

    Col.

     

     

    Beautiful pic!

     

     

    It looks to be an unnamed Doto nudibranch on a hydroid.

    A very similar, and possibly the same species was posted to seaslug forum by Tony Wu.

    http://www.seaslugforum.net/display.cfm?id=4061

    Edited by bella
  3. Man that's a cool Nudi...well done...

  4. Awesome shot!

  5. Very nice. Can you tell us where this was taken?

     

     

    Robert

  6. Looks like the Doto Ostenta.

    Robert, he said PJ... our lost paradise... except you were really lost. :)

  7. Looks like the Doto Ostenta.

    Robert, he said PJ... our lost paradise... except you were really lost. :rolleyes:

    It doesnt really look like Doto ostenta to me. The rhinopores look completely different. It looks like Doto bella, but Julie said some researchers, including Rudman, think this is an undescribed one, again based on diferences in the rhinopores.

     

    Cor

  8. whoops, i guess I wasn't reading very carefully. It's too hot.

     

    But I wasn't really lost. I just over-compensated for the current and swam right when I should have edged left. In the end, I did find my way back, didn't I?

     

    R

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.