Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

I got zapped

Started by NickJ ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

I got zapped

5 posts
  1. That bloody hacker nuked my earlier post, so I'm re-posting this short 10 min Belize doco for your comments and advice. I've deleted the 80meg file. So here are a couple of smaller files for those without cable:

     

    Full moon in Belize 24meg MP4 MoonPod.mp4

    Full moon in Belize 24meg AVI MoonPod.avi

     

    And here is the embedded version

     

     

    Enjoy! Cheers, Nick

    Edited by NickJ
  2. Hi Nick

    Nice little clip there. Poor old Floppy Whale Sharks getting abit of a hard time there.....

     

    Hows the FX1 going...got it wet wet...

     

    I'm still playing around with the A1......seem to have found a better way to set it up and drive it underwater as well :) ... you will have to wait till I have released me review to find out what I came up with......but it does improve the picture quality :):):( ...and no it has nothing to do with the black stretch thing...

  3. Hi Nick

     

    Loved the video - a real good watch.

     

    It did look like the gentle giants were getting a bit harrassed at times. After seeing someone who should have known better grab hold of a Whale Shark I'm always a bit tetchy when people get right in their face, so to speak. Did you feel that there was a lack of control by the operators while you were in the water with them?

     

    Got any more to share with us??! :)

     

    Cheers, Simon

  4. Actually the clip where it looks like a diver is touching the back of his hand on the WS was him checking his depth gauge, as we were regularly bouncing up and down from the surface to around 35m. I got into some serious deco on the first dive ...

     

    The operators insist that no harassing is allowed, though I'll admit we were very close at times. The WSs did not seem to mind as now that the park has applied strict regulations (limit the number of divers, out at 5pm before the real feeding starts, no touching etc) they are much more relaxed than a few years earlier when hundereds of divers and snorkellers were really harassing them - riding on their backs, pulling fins etc.

     

    Over all the park does a good job I believe, and there is a definite sense to doing the right thing - unlike some other operations in developing countries I've visited.

     

    Good comments. Thanks!

  5. I'm now up and running with the embedded video running from my own site. This is an uber-cool feature Eric, many thanks!

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.