Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Please help me to choose 5 photos

Started by DavidG ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

Please help me to choose 5 photos

16 posts
  1. I am taking part of the Turks & Caicos underwater photography contest and I need to select my 5 photos for the contest. They are looking for

    photos for stamps and just looking at the last year winners I don't think they are not looking for "arty" photos, I think there are looking for subjects that non divers will recognize and at the same time will look good on a stamp.

    I have been taking photos for this contest for the last few weeks and I ended with few that I like but now is when I need to narrow them down to 5 images, Can you please help me out and let me know which five images will look better as stamps.

     

     

    1st

    cgnightaug150037cd6.jpg

     

    2nd

    easley095di8.jpg

     

    3rd

    gb2307023cn2.jpg

     

    4th

    gb2307029ru0.jpg

     

    5th

    nwpjune18010dh8.jpg

     

    6th

    pcaug13036wk4.jpg

     

    7th

    wc160706019pm0.jpg

     

    8th

    wc160706028wt9.jpg

     

    9th

    wc160706038kx2.jpg

     

    10th

    wcaug06030crophe2.jpg

     

     

     

    Here are some more....

     

    11th

    wcmay21018wp1.jpg

     

    12th

    gb2307026rz1.jpg

     

    13th

    wcmay21016un7.jpg

     

    14th

    wcmay21019pa6.jpg

     

    Thanks for your help !

     

    David

  2. All of these photos are really nice....I have not seen previous winners (except for Rand McMeins). I think 11 would make a nice stamp, easily recognized by most people for what it is.

     

    M.

  3. All great photos! Sharks are always popular no matter how good any of your other photos are. So, I would definitely choose at least one of those. And I would include 6 & 9.

  4. 1,2,7,9,12

  5. 5,7,8,12

     

     

    eight is my favorite

  6. Since stamps are small, detail will be harder to see then in these large photos.

    I think contrasting colors would work better on a small stamp. Perhaps you should shrink them down to stamp size and see how they look.

    Yes sharks are always popular as we humans have such a fascination with them and enjoy watching them. Look how popular "Shark Week" is on the Discovery channel and at aquriums.

     

    I like 2,4,8,11,12

     

    6 is great, I love this photo, but I dont think it will look as good on a stamp.

     

    Nice shots!

  7. 2 4 and 8

     

    thats my choice out of them all 3 and 7 would be my last two to make up 5.

     

    nice work.

  8. 2 4 5 12 14

  9. For the specific purpose of stamps, I'd say: 2 3 8 9 14

  10. 2, 6, 10, 12, 13

     

    I like the trunkfish the best for a stamp. Great shots!

  11. Hola David!

     

    2, 3, 4, 8, 14

     

    y buena suerte!!!

  12. IMHO my favourite images for stamps would be 2, 4 & 8.

     

    I think these would work best on this scale.

     

    Then probably 6 & 11

     

    Matthew

  13. I like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13 & 14 as well...

     

    No.. nice pics though...#2 for me.....

  14. Thanks for all your help,

    I narrow it down to ten and I made these ones close to stamp size,please let me know what do you think.

     

    stamps1ni8.jpg

     

    Thanks

     

    David Gallardo

  15. 1, 9, and 2 in that order from the above original posting. They are all great, well exposed really clean. I think some of the Shark Pics, trigger fish, while very nice have a little distraction from the other fish in the picture. You never see a squid like number one in that position usually and then never a clean and exposed like you have it. I like 1 a lot, the eel is nice also. Two is more recognizable I suppose but I really like 1. 9 might be too centered for a contest maybe crop that a tiny bit.

  16. 2,4,5,9,14 now that they are in stamp size my votes have changed. That eel will make a nice looking stamp :P

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.