Well, that's one way of hiding white balance issues
Actually Ron it's nice. I especially like the shot at around 1:25 with the light coming through and the dark corners vanishing into my media player's black background.
What would be really cool would be for the video to burst into colour and high-action at the 1:59 mark where Gilmour kicks in with the lead guitar. I might even nick that idea for myself
I remember the beautiful B&W sequence at the start of the Big Blue. It can really work well. Especially if followed by glorious technicolor.
Hey cool...great idea....no more WBing.....
Awesome! I love that band. And yes b/w makes these great wreck scenes much more dramatic. However, for a longer piece, I'd suggest using b/w sparingly, rather than the whole production. I think the b/w jumps out dramatically as frames within a colour prod. The frames can be expanded to full frame when needed. It's all personal of course and just my two penneth.
Nice stuff! I love great viz like this as well .....
I agree, I really liked the deep saturation of the blacks. To introduce color would be a matter of timing and purpose. Think, sometime in the future, I will try it myself and see what I can come up with. Good effort Ron.
Steve B)
Hi Ron
Loved the vid. I thought that you nailed the contrast, which is important to get right when you play around with black and white and the result to me looked pretty spectacular. Sure were some nice wrecks there!