Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

8-bit, 12-bit, 16-bit???

Started by james ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

8-bit, 12-bit, 16-bit???

5 posts
  1. Hi Gang,

     

    I'm hoping someone can explain the different bit-depth TIFF formats for me please.

     

    When I do a raw conversion of a Fuji RAF file, I get the option to go to 12 (or is it 16?) bit TIFF, 8 bit TIFF, or some kinf of "Photoshop Tiff." I'll have to go home and try it again to get the exact details.

     

    So my question is, what's the difference? This has a direct impact, as the Noritsu (Fuji) Frontier at the photo lab will only print 8 bit TIFFS.

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. Thanks Bob. I agree if the quality is there use it, although each user will have their own limits (file size) to which they work, depending on hardware and patience!

     

    I think both articles are educationally useful.

     

    Mark

  3. I agree completely!

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.