Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

sync vs. optical for ike housing?

Started by highsee3 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

sync vs. optical for ike housing?

3 posts
  1. Okay folks, I've moved to the beginner forum, because that is where I belong. :lol: , I'm a long time photographer, but a new diver (new in the sense of 70 dives/divemaster).

     

    I'm going to get a Nikon 8400 and Ikelite housing and was looking into strobes. I like the Inon D-2000, but it is optically triggered. The Ikelite housing has a bulkhead for a sync cord, so should I just look at strobes with sync connections or can I adapt the D-2000?

     

    I do think I will add a DSLR in a year or so, perhaps I should just stick with regular sync connections.

  2. I do think I will add a DSLR in a year or so, perhaps I should just stick with regular sync connections.

     

    okay, I found the INON D-2000w which has the added sync cord connection. This solves my issue. Now I need to decide between the D-2000 and D-220 :lol:

  3. Hello Highsee3!

     

    70 dives and you are divemaster? you are going fast!

    If you are able to use a sync cord -> use it. You will save batteries, avoid overheating in the housing, you will have better recycle time (more shooting!) and the strobe will be more reliable (will always get the order to shoot). I am not sure about that ikelite housing having ttl control for their strobes but, if it has it, you should consider ikeDS125 strobe...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.