Hi all
Have been using Premiere Pro and Cineforms Aspects HD plugin to edit HDV, which works great for realtime editing of HDV, however the exported m2t files with Aspects encoder are not as good as Main Concepts Pro m2t encoder. Main Concept Pro's encoders however causes tiny jumps at any transitions in the final m2t file so through frustration I have been playing around with Canopus Edius Pro and I must say it's not bad for editng HDV.
You can edit in native m2t (abit clunky) or you can covert it to Canopus own HD codec as it comes in from the camrera in realtime then just edit. The codec mbps is variable and looking at the same shots from Cineforms avi codec and Canopus, I would say Canopus is better
. Edius has very very very good slowmo, blows Premiere Pros away and it edits the HDV in realtime with effects, titles the lot. The encoded out m2t files look and play great. It does take abit ot find ones way around but after a few hours away you go.
I would say to others out there, go and download the 30 day trial and try it out. I think I might say goodbye to Premire and Aspect hd as I get to know this program better. ![]()