Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

Buyer Beware Best Price

Started by loftus ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Buyer Beware Best Price

6 posts
  1. Yesterday I went online to get the beast deal on a 17-55 Nikkor and landed up purchasing from BestPrice. The price was right under $1100 and $35 shipping.

    They called me later to see if I wanted the filters with it; and then tried to give me a story that I had to have filters for the lens to give good quality, and preferably the more expensive 'professional' filters. They then tried to push the extended warranty on me. I declined all this. He then summed up the order and said my cost was $1450. I pointed out that the order online cost was about $1135 and questioned the additional $300 or so. He said this was not an option and was for 'insurance'. I cancelled the order - hope they do not still try to screw me as I ordered with my credit card.

  2. BestPrice Cameras has a very poor reputation on Reseller Ratings.com. I would run away as fast as you can. It may be worth pre-emptively calling your CC issuer and telling them you're not going to accept charges from this dealer.

     

     

    With a few very noticable exceptions, if something costs less than B&H or Adorama want to charge, I view it as a fraud/scam/misrepresentation waiting to happen.

  3. I agree; I was lured of course by price. I have had good experiences in the past with OneCall and Beach Photo as well.

  4. Good experience here on two cameras with BuyDig.

     

    Jack

  5. "I will not buy anything from Bestbuycamera" <repeat to yourself 20 more times>

     

    Shady sales people, mis-representation, and oh the joy of "buyers Remorse"! Ask me how I feel about them...go ahead, ask...I dare ya!

     

    A good rule of thumb...check out what you want from B&H. If the price you find is "too good to be true"...IT IS.

    Edited by h2opictures
  6. 0.35 resellerrating... That's got to about set a record or at least be in the running for worst ratings...

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.