Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Unusual nudibranch species

Started by Graham Abbott ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Unusual nudibranch species

5 posts
  1. Maybe someone out there can help to identify this little fella, it was found in Bali in 5m of water and was only about 8mm long, sorry this was best shot I could get as there was a bit of surge that day!

    post-5023-1158417061_thumb.jpg

  2. It looks like a Polycera, but I can't find a match anywhere.

    Cheers,

    Marli

  3. I couldn't find it either, but agree with Marli that it's very suggestive of Polycera, especially that keel-like posterior body but it would be nice to see some oral tentacles.

     

    How about posting some of those bad shots? Maybe we'll see something useful in them. Or send them to Marli & me as PMs if you don't want the world to see them?

    Edited by Leslie
  4. I agree with all, most probably Polycera, but nothing with these colors in our databases. A frustrating Polycerid. Plenty with the same shape, but all different patterns.

     

    Guido

  5. Thanks for all your much needed help. All my own ID books are out on the boat now. I will see if Bill Rudman has an idea of what it is on Sea Slug Forum!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.