Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Online image pricing?

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Online image pricing?

2 posts
  1. Increasingly we snappers get asked for the costs for using our images on websites. And I know I am not alone in finding this very hard to put a price on.

     

    So has anybody got any suggestions for pricing (in USD to keep it simple).

     

    Say for single image non-exclusive usage, large (say 600 pixels) on a website for 1 year.

     

    Case 1) Small dive shop or dive centre?

    Case 2) Large dive industry company?

    Case 3) Large blue-chip corporate?

     

    Alex

  2. Hi Alex,

     

    I'm probably not telling you anything you don't know already, but I thought I'd put my 2p in... :)

     

    I recently started to look at selling my images and a pro photographer friend of mine pointed me to the following resources as tools for helping you calculate what fees to charge, depending on usage:

     

    www.hindsightltd.com - Photo Price Guide software

    www.fotoquote.com - fotoBiz and fotoQuote software

     

    *** Buyer Beware *** - I have no affiliation to either of these companies, and I cannot recommend one product over the other, as I haven't actually tried them yet, but I thought I'd put it out there to help the community at large.

     

    Hope this helps,

     

    Jams.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.