Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

I.D. help please

Started by mtnman ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

I.D. help please

8 posts
  1. These were taken at Wakatobi recently. Any help identifying appreciated.

     

    6662_1158498369_DSC00001-7.gif

     

    6662_1158498369_DSC00001-7.gif

  2. These were taken at Wakatobi recently. Any help identifying appreciated.

     

    6662_1158498369_DSC00001-7.gif

     

    6662_1158498369_DSC00001-7.gif

     

    Please load the images again. They are not showing up.

  3. Herb I'm having lots of trouble with posting images so until I get a new host or scubadiving.com getsd their act together I can't repost. I may try another method later today. Check your mail.

  4. How about trying to attach the images, instead of hotlinking them?

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. O.K James will try that first.

     

    Great James it works this way. Here's the 2nd.

    post-3019-1158708442_thumb.jpg

    post-3019-1158708561_thumb.jpg

  6. First one is a Coral hermit crab: Paguritta sp.

    The second looks like Vir philippensis

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

  7. The hermit is Paguritta vittata. This was described in 1996 and a lot of people still don't know about it. That means there are a lot of images of this species on the web incorrectly identified as P. harmsi or P. gracilipes or just left at Paguritta sp.

  8. Thanks Marli and Leslie

    :blush:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.