Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Keep or Sell

Started by okuma ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Keep or Sell

3 posts
  1. We'll be moving from film to all digital in a few months.

     

    Using Nikon D-200s, is there any reason to keep Sekonic or Ike u/w light meters?

  2. The light meter in the latest models of cameras are pretty good, and with the image review options available (histogram et al), I don't think that external light meters are required. I personally don't use them anymore, in any case...

  3. I have the Ikelite digital UW light meter and a housed D200 (yes, the 4 channel histogram is very cool for judging exposure).

     

    I think, there are a couple of reasons to keep it.

    -flash calibration (or just checking the output of your flash units)

    -ambient light meter (sanity check for tricky wide-angle situations)

     

    Take Care,

    ChrisS

     

    We'll be moving from film to all digital in a few months.

     

    Using Nikon D-200s, is there any reason to keep Sekonic or Ike u/w light meters?

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.