To all C-5050 users. What media card are you using? The xd, micro drive, smart media, etc. What advantages does one get from the xd card. Just curious because no one has talked about this...yet.
- 8Posts
- 8Replies
Read-only discussion
C-5050 media storage
-
-
Using a 128 xD card for primary shooting and a 512 CF for secondary. The xD card has a faster write time according to some tests that were run (I've forgotten the site). Also have a 20g Mindstor to transfer them onto. Seems to be a very workable combination. TedJ
-
What media card are you using? What advantages does one get from the xd card. Just curious because no one has talked about this...yet.
using CF... micro drive (IMHO) is a little slow and xD doesn't yet have the capacity (which I'm sure would have changed in the next few months)... I already had some reasonable sized CF cards anyway. xD is quite a bit quicker from what I understand but is still in it's infancy so I'll wait and see what happens... capacity is gonna be great though!
The only reason I can see anyone using SmartMedia is if they aleady have the cards from an old camera.. there is certainly no reason to go out and buy them now with capacity limitations and when you have the option of much larger cards/drives.
-
I also use a 512MB CF card and a 128MB xD card. When I ordered my C-5050, it came with a free 128MB xD so I figured I might as well stick it in there . . .
Mike
-
I also use a 512MB CF card and a 128MB xD card. When I ordered my C-5050, it came with a free 128MB xD so I figured I might as well stick it in there . . .
Mike
Where did you purchase your C-5050 with the free 128MB xD card? That sounds like a good deal since most only come with a 32MB. Also what was the cost?
Thks
SB
-
I ordered from pictureline.com. They had a special going at the time. $719 for the camera plus a free 128MB xD card. Their current price is $708 with a free set of binoculars(??) for any purchase over $250. Incidentally, Olympus is now selling factory reconditioned cameras direct on eBay. If you can live with a 30 day warranty, you can save some money. I don't mind paying a bit more to deal with pictureline -- they're stand-up folks, charge realistic shipping rates, and have been very responsive to my questions in the past. If you're into medium format, they've got some great deals on demo equipment, too . . .
-
Just ordered another 512 CF from Dell for $97.33.
-
Dell also has the SanDisk 1GB CF for right around $200