Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Coral Spawning Trip Aug 18-22

Started by james ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Coral Spawning Trip Aug 18-22

1 posts
  1. Hi Gang,

     

    DSCN3062.jpg

     

    I'd like to invite everyone to come on the annual coral spawning trip to the Flower Garden Banks. This years trip is Aug 18-22nd. Yes, it's a Monday - Friday, so you can fly in on Sunday, I'll drive everyone down to the boat, and they you can fly back out on the next Sunday. I'm not organizing the trip or anything, just providing some information.

     

    Here's the schedule:

     

    http://www.gulf-diving.com/fling_schedule2003.htm

     

    Scroll down to August and click on one of the three shops chartering the boat to get a "spot." I called Sea Sports yesterday and after me, they had one spot left.

     

    There are already 2 Wetpixel shooters booked for the trip, woohoo!

     

    Still not sure? I went on the trip 2 years ago, and it was amazing! Here are some photos I took with my Coolpix:

     

    DSCN3077.jpg

     

    DSCN3080.jpg

     

    DSCN3076.jpg

     

    It's a pretty good deal. I think it's $600 for 4 days of diving, maybe 4 1/2 this year. You get to do 4 and 5 dives a day. It's not a luxury live-aboard and there is no E-6 processing on board, but I'll bring my laptop and CD burner along.

     

    Any questions?

     

    Cheers

    James

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.