Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Raja Ampat Underwater video

Started by iman ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Raja Ampat Underwater video

10 posts
  1. This video from Raja Ampat 2 years ago, i also edited with some existing footage of my works ( aerial shoot and local culture footage ).

    DJ Sammy song " Heaven " to make more entertain.

     

    Enjoys the show

     

    Edited by scubadru
  2. iman

    I edited your post. To embed, you should not include the ' - ' , just use the letters and numbers. Thanks.

    Was that Otto I saw in that video?

    I felt like I was in Blok M or something listening to that track. LOL

    However I have to comment on the physical contact of sealife ,esp the wobbegong shark is a bit dangerous and also frowned upon by most. The Wobbes have powerful sucking action in the mouth and can easily separate the skin off your arm if it wanted to. While I understand these creatures are beautiful, it doesn't mean we have to touch, scare and cause unnecessary stress on them. Please take this as constructive criticism from a fellow diver.

    Edited by scubadru
  3. Man would of liked to have seen ya timeline with all those cuts.....cut...cut....cut......cut...cut...cut...cut...cut....cut......cut....

     

    Cool clip well done

  4. Hey, that was pretty cool. :blush: I really liked some of the ideas and how you edited it. I think the opening is solid and I like how fast it gets you into the meat. Some of the footage looks more polished than others. The aerial shots look really sweet - were they and the cultural shots taken at a different time?

  5. Hi,

    Seems you are familiar with Blok M :blush: , yes...that was Otto you saw in the video.

    We already told to our fellow diver about the dangerous of touching wobbegong,..as you know they just a beginner, got excited after only diving in thousand island, jakarta..

     

    regards

     

     

    Yes,

    the other footages of aerial and local culture was taken different time,..that from tourism docco i worked before..

  6. And there was I worrying that my 3-second cuts might be too short :blush:

     

    Nice job, I enjoyed that, especially your topside footage which you mixed very well with the underwater stuff. It has an exciting feel to it.

     

    The music skipped every now and then which my be YouTube's fault. The video didn't skip at the same time.

  7. I love the fast editing!

     

    And it mixed the topside and cultural clips in really well too. I only wish I could see the video in better resolution and think maybe the YouTube format threw off the sync between your video and audio? There were some places where the cuts sync'd to the music, and others where it wasn't lining up, and I'm wondering if that was the YouTube encoding and/or my playback of the YouTube thing.

     

    Anyway, you've got something going there and the fast editing was great for this video.

     

    Mary Lynn

    http://DiveFilm.com

  8. Mary,

    i think the problem comes from the You Tube,..i wish also to load a better resolution, any idea which program or shareweb that works for both audio and video ?

     

     

    Regards

     

    Iman

  9. Iman I find that Google Video make a slightly better job of encoding than YouTube but I have never had an audio synch problem with either. Google Videos can still be embedded here.

     

    I have found after a lot of trial and error that for both YouTube and Google Video the best format to send to them is Xvid AVI. Apart from being a great video format, this allows the MP3 audio that those sites prefer to receive.

     

    My source footage for the time being is DV captured from my camcorder, standard definition, PAL. 720x576 interlaced. 16-bit stereo audio. I import this into VirtualDub.

     

    In VirtualDub I use the following video filters:

     

    - smart deinterlace 2.8 beta 1 standard settings

    - resize (Lanczos3) to 320x240 for YouTube (so they are doing a 1:1 conversion to their flash video) and 480x360 for Google Video (because their downloaded versions are this higher resolution and I don't want them uprezzing. Note however that Google's Flash "streamed" versions are 320x240 like YouTube).

     

    Then I choose Xvid under "video compression" in Virtualdub and choose 1024kbps single pass for the YouTube 320x240 videos and 2048kbps single pass for the Google Video 480x360 videos. It's an OTT bitrate but I thought I may as well give them the best chance of making a nice job of the conversion.

     

    For the audio I choose Lame MP3. I just installed the codec and then it appears under Audio -> compression. I use the 44100 Hz, 128kbps, Stereo setting which appears after ticking "show all formats" on the "select audio compression" page.

     

    For comparative examples of the results using this method see my Google Videos and click "from user" at the bottom right, or my YouTube page.

     

    There's some related info here and some screenshots but using different settings to mine.

     

    Mac users work out your own method :blush:

     

    Nick

     

    Edit: I notice Google are now recommending you send them 640x480

    Edited by bubblevision
  10. Nick,

    Say in english please :blush: ...anyway try to understand the technical matters you just said..maybe i try google, seems 640 x 480 will be promising..

     

    Iman

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.