Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Nudibrach from Cayman

Started by depelos ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Nudibrach from Cayman

4 posts
  1. I found this nudibranch on Thursday night diving Sunset reef in East End, Grand Cayman. Looks like a type of Leech Headshield slug but isn't in the Reef Creature ID book and I couldn't find in on the Sea Slug Forum. It was about 1/2'' or 1.5cm long, so quite small. I had to look very closely to see what it was and luckily had my 3x diopter on top of my 105mm lens, which I decided to put on at the very last minute. It's always cool to find something not in the book!

    post-6598-1158995191_thumb.jpg

  2. If you can get ahold of the new Caribbean nudibranch book it might be in there.

    Terry

  3. Check under brown swallow-tailed nudis. Great find, Jon.

     

    Alex

  4. There are a couple of opistobranchs pictured in "Caribbean Sea Slugs" that it could be. To my (untrained) eye it's Chelidonura cubana which has only been found so far in Cuba and the Caymans.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.