Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

HUD Scuba mask (Oceanic)

Started by Giles ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

HUD Scuba mask (Oceanic)

5 posts
  1. A while ago .. Andi did an April fools on Digideep .. The info is here.

     

    Oceanic are making it a reality now .. and i think it's pretty cool.

    Wouldn't it be col though if at the very least we could get this working and showing us the LCD panels display so we know what settings we are on and how the exposure is in general .. I know it shows it in the viewfinder .. but it would be a start to haviing TTM viewing ... Through the Mask .. imagine being able to point the camera and see the viewfinder in your mask !

     

    p_computers_hud_view1.jpg

     

    I think it has some great uses available .. but not thought of yet .. and couldn't be too hard to make happen really.

     

    Source: http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/p_computers_iddm.html

    Edited by digitallywet
  2. I had hopes for this mask also, but my local Oceanic dealer say Oceanic has quietly pulled the plug on development of this mask. It would be a shame if that were true. Having your dive computer information in view at all times would be awesome.

     

    I was hoping the mask would have a built in compass so I'd finally know where I was going for a change. :blush::blush:

  3. One day, a flip down/up, high res LCDscreen on the mask fed straight from the camcorder... :)

     

    Now that would be something.. :(

     

    And similar to what paul was hinting..A sat nav function, straight back to the shore/boat..cool ^_^

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

    Edited by DeanB
  4. I've worn this mask, although not on a serious dive, just in the pool.

     

    The computer seems reliable enough, and the eye relief for the display is great! It's "apparently" about 2 feet away to my judgement.

     

    You give up a lot of field of vision to have the HUD, though. Vision downward is especially restricted, and there's no window on the right.

     

    This would be great in some apps. Although I'd love it for scootering, I am not ready to give up the field of vision.

     

    All the best, James

  5. It seems I was wrong.

     

    Please accept my apologies for dashing everyone's hopes. :guiness:

     

    I found this on "Sportdiver Magazine" website Here

     

    Seems it will be available mid-2007 and suggested retail is $1449.00

     

    Nice video on the HUD mask in the link mentioned above.

     

    I wonder if I can get one with diopters built into the mask lenses. ;):)

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.