Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Cleaning Acrylic Ports

Started by rstark ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Cleaning Acrylic Ports

8 posts
  1. Aquatica suggests Mirror Glaze #17. I bought Meguiars Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Cleaner #17 and followed up with Meguiars Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Polish #10. I have to say that they work fabulous. The port is now anti static and anti fog and crystal clear. I think I would use the #10 on a regular basis and only use the #17 when it needs it (dried water spots, micro scratches, etc.). For all you Ikelite owners you might want to pass this one by Ike before doing it but I think he'll agree.

  2. Where can you buy this from Rob?

     

    We have to use good old 'Brasso'!

  3. I got it at the local boating store (Westmarine) but if you can't find it locally then you can buy it direct at meguiars.com

  4. Sounds just the job - good call!

  5. Thanks Bob. My ports are probably going to need this soon.

     

    Cheers

    James

  6. Hey I use that stuff on my boat!

  7. What kind of cloth do you use to apply the cleaner?

     

    Cheers

    James

  8. On the boat I used a used T shirt.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.