Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Sea & Sea DX8000G

Started by bprosser ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea & Sea DX8000G

8 posts
  1. I am a long time diver and now ready to venture off into the world of underwater photography. I am looking to buy myself a birthday present. I am new a this and would like to get a camera that I will be able to use for a while and take great picutres. Is this camera over my head or is it something that I can get better with as i learn more?

  2. Hi and welcome to Wetpixel.

     

    This camera is definitely not over your head. You can start out using it in auto, and then as you get better start moving to Aperture Priority mode and then to fully Manual mode.

     

    The 8000 is a good setup if you are looking to buy everything as a package. You can save a little money and up your performance by a bit if you purchase everything and put it together from scratch, but this can be a daunting task for a beginner.

     

    But the members here are very helpful, so if you have questions, fire away.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. I have a DX8000-G and it's OK, but I got very frustrated very quickly with the time it takes for the flash to recycle and then to get the next photograph. If you think you may get serious about this, I would recommend that you go straight to a DSLR in a housing, if you think you are mainly interested in underwater snapshots, and want a point and shoot then it's fine.

  4. Plenty of help on here, no worries, you may like to also have a look on another site, Digital Diver and search for the camera, just a thought?

    Edited by PeterCatchpole
  5. Yes Peter, it's a thought. There may be other 8000G users on other sites, but I know there are quite a few here.

     

    I forgot to mention that I also wrote up a review of the 8000G last year and posted it here at Wetpixel. Click on the bar at right and look for the digital still housing reviews. We have lots of good content in there.

     

    I think a few of the Wetpixel members have also posted their own reviews of the camera setup here in the forums, so use the Search feature.

     

    Cheers

    James

    Edited by james
  6. James, it's one of the resons why I suggested a search on Digital Divers as it comes up with the link backs to Wetpixel, tried to add the search string but it showed as an error so had to delete. :)

  7. As "Larry the Cable Guy" would say "I don't care who you are, that's funny!"

     

    In any case, it looks like our new member has gotten the information he/she needs.

     

    Cheers

    James

  8. As "Larry the Cable Guy" would say "I don't care who you are, that's funny!"

     

    In any case, it looks like our new member has gotten the information he/she needs.

     

    Cheers

    James

     

     

    thanks guys I am going to think about this for a bit.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.