Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Attaching Auto Magic Filter to camera

Started by bdj ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Attaching Auto Magic Filter to camera

2 posts
  1. I just received my Auto Magic filters and am looking forward to getting to use them in 2 weeks in Roatan. I am going to be using them with a Canon A620 and a Fuji E900. I am hoping someone on here has used the filter with one of these cameras. I am trying to decide if it would be better to attach the filter to the lens or to the inside of the camera housing. The directions show cutting it to fit the lens but I am worried that if I do that and the camera shuts off with the filter on the lens it will damage the filter or the lens. If anybody can tell me what works best let me know. Thanks

  2. BDJ,

     

    Here's a thread starting on page 6 - 7 where I describe how I used the new Auto-Magic filter a couple weeks ago on a Fuji E900.

     

    I think Alex's idea of cutting and taping INSIE teh housing is good, but I was lazy and used it outside as detailed in my posts. I would try and cut it so it can be on the lens inside the housing. Your concern about a lens that retracts pinching or bending the filter, or even harming your camera mechanism might be a question to email them directly about.

     

    http://www.digitaldiver.net/yabbse/index.p...=19513;start=75

     

    Hope this helps....

     

    dhaas

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.