Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Canopus Edius 3-4

Started by wagsy ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Canopus Edius 3-4

6 posts
  1. Yep just me again...

     

    As a few of you already know, I'm being sent a copy of Edius 4 to review, but in the meantime I have been messing around with the Demo versions and just have to say this has to be one of the most misunderstood NLE programs out there. The more I use it the more Im impressed and that lovely Canopus HQ codec.... :P

     

    Tonight I sit here with me Bourbon :) and rendered out from a PAL 50i 1440/1080 HDV timeline both a NTSC 16.9 DVD file and a NTSC 60i m2t clip. WOW and I would suggest if you can, go and download the 30 day demo from Canopus web site and give it ago.

     

    Today I just wizzed through a HDV tape marking my points, then just hit batch capture and away it went and got the clips, converted them to the Canopus HQ codec in realtime and then I just edited the 1440/1080 timeline like it was normal DV. Slow mow, CC, tittles, pips, transitions all in real time. :lol:

     

    I recond by the time they get this thing to version 5 or 6, it's going to be king in the PC NLE world.

  2. Wags.

     

    You are doing a great job to promote the Edius, makes it almost impossible not to check it out.

     

    Damn, everytime I have to learn a new NLE, I find the task loading is higher than when I'm diving my rebreather and filming the same time :P

     

    But then again, it might just be the Bourbon that makes the difference :)

  3. Har Har, hey checked out ya site as well, best of luck on your project. :)

     

    Well I was a Premiere Pro guy but this strange program has got me. Easy to install and easy to use, once you get the hang of it. When you first load it up you will go...what the &^%$ ..but it's quick to pick up.

     

    post-4240-1159630859_thumb.jpg

  4. Wags are you running all 3 monitors from your Nvidia?

  5. Nope

     

    Here is what I did to get all three going.

     

    First port on the Quadro FX card drives the first LCD screen (1280/1024 @ 32 bit)

    The computers motherboard onboard 128 meg graphic port drives the second LCD screen.(1280/1024 @ 32 bit)

     

    The second port on the Quadro FX card at the moment is out via svideo to a normal TV (1024/768 @ 32bit) However the Quadro FX's second port can be to another VGA screen or DVI or component out to a HDTV SCREEN.

     

    When editing with Premiere Pro or Edius it gets overlayed to the TV.

    Any video clip, even video on a webpage up on the first LCD gets overlayed to the TV. COOL...

    As I'm converting on the fly to the Canopus HQ codec it gets fed out to the TV as well.

  6. Here's an update.

    Today I got the Canopus Edius 4 NLE software and loaded it up.

     

    Well here I am editing

    1440/1080 Canopus HQ

    1440/1080 m2t (HDV)

    720/576 16.9 DV

    720/576 4.3 DV

    720/576 16.9 mpeg 2 DVD VOB file :)

    QT H.264 file

    1440/1080 HD WMV

     

    then once they are all lined up .... hit ya space bar and the timeline plays the lot...

    ..amazing...can ya do that on ya MAC :(

     

    Also this is the best encoder I have tested. The encoded out m2t and HD wmv are real nice.

    It also has a speed encoder to outpass any other m2t file encoder out there. ^_^

    Variable slow mo and

     

    Stay tune to my full review.

    Edited by wagsy
Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.