Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

S3 vs H5 tough choice!?!?

Started by SrdjanS ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

S3 vs H5 tough choice!?!?

6 posts
  1. Ok folks,

    I NEED HELP!!! I decided to buy a dig cam with UW housing. The fact is, I have some experiance with dig photo, but with UW photo I am a compleete newbee!!! I need an advice on choosing the right one. I did some research, and I came to a point where I have to decide between two cameras. The question is Canon S3 or Sony H5 (either of them would go with Ikelite housing)??? Is there anybody that had some experinace with any of these two???

    Thanks

  2. on paper the sony looks better to me with a quick glance ... but you never know unless it's been in the watewr .. so lets check out some UW stuff to do with them.

     

    Both have ikelite housings

    Both same Megapixel but Sony has a higher image size listed not sure what that means.

     

    Sony has more ISO stops (may mean better in low light)

    Sony has better Autofocus

    Sony has bigger LCD screen

     

    Canon has better macro

    Canon faster shooting

    Canon is lighter and smaller.

    Canon is cheaper

     

    hmm i'd still say the Sony may win for me (even though it's less points towards it) .. unless the Canon has much less shutter lag effect

    Edited by digitallywet
  3. Thanks for quick reply!!!

    It is aproximatly the way I was thinking about these two. Is there someone who had some underwater experiance wit one of these? Or does anyone know if I can see some photos made by one of these two (underwater, of course)?

    Edited by SrdjanS
  4. Super zoom lenses are not good performers underwater and I think the Canon has one.

     

    James

  5. They Both have them James.

     

    how come the super zooms are no good underwater ?

     

    Even if you keep it wide ? or only use the macro mode ?

  6. I recently got both the Canon SD700IS compact and the S3 IS super zoom for an upcoming long trip.

     

    The S3 is a really camera for things like sports, the zoo, autosports etc because of the zoom lens. But the LCD is kind of small (2.0") and not super vivid like the 2.5" screen on the SD700.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.