Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

workflo for 10.5

Started by mrbubbles ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

workflo for 10.5

3 posts
  1. I have fallen in love with my 10.5 lens. My issue is related to work flo. If I use nikon nx to correct for distortion, and photoshop to do other adjustments and raw adjustments, nikon will only open the file in its format, and the adjustment doesnt show when i open the corrected file in ps. If I correct distortion first, I can only open the file in photoshop if i save the nef file as a tiff, and then cant do any work in raw. If i do raw first, i cant open the adjusted file in nx. Wow im confused just trying to post this. Other then using a different program to correct distortion, any others dealt with this issue?

  2. I only use Nikon Cature/Editor to open NEF file and then save as TIFF. I find I can do most image correction with the TIFF file (in PS). Nikon software still seems to give me the best results opening NEF files...compared to opening in PS.. You can do some work with NEF file in Nikon software if you need to adjust exposure, etc. before saving as TIFF and loading into PS..

     

    M.

  3. Not sure if you're Mac guys, but I played around with Aperture last night after reading this thread, and it appeared to allow back and forth working with Aperture and PS. I do not have Capture NX, I'll see if I can download a demo and try it.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.