Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Mike's got the cover...

Started by mattdiver ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

Mike's got the cover...

14 posts
  1. Mike Veitch has the cover for the latest issue of Scuba Diver Australasia. He was too shy to mention it, so I thought I'd do the honours :(

     

    post-4904-1159940872_thumb.jpg

     

    Eric Cheng also has a very nice portfolio in the very same issue:

     

    post-4904-1159940910_thumb.jpg

     

    And I've got a few images in the magazine as well, but I'll let others blow my trumpet :)

  2. That's a great cover, Mike.

     

    Also Matt post a scan of your pix too so we can all see them. We don't all get this magazine! The aim of this forum is to let others know about what you have been uup to recently!

     

    Alex

  3. wahey!

     

    thanks for posting that Matt... yes i am shy... :) and yes, lets see your pics too

     

    And good job on the portfolio Eric...

     

    Thanks Alex!

  4. Congrats all of you, great images.

  5. Alright, alright. Since I'm being asked to post them, here are the pictures: :):(

     

    post-4904-1159966654_thumb.jpg

     

    post-4904-1159966693_thumb.jpg

  6. Congrats everyone. Some great images.

     

    Todd

  7. Thats unreal...

     

    While I was loitering in Singapore airport the other week I purchased a copy of 'Asian diver' oct/nov copy..(being a bit under the weather / bar, I got 'diver' and 'Babes' mixed up) and all the usual suspects were in there as well.

     

    Is there a very small contingency of 'pro' snappers/videoists over there, do you lot have the monopoly on these mags or are you just all

     

    SH*T HOT !!! :)

     

    Well done all..Especially my Buffet scoffing mate Matt...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  8. Cool shot Mike! Looks great as the cover.... I wish I could get that magazine - they told me last year they wouldn't ship to Hawaii????

     

    Congrats

    Bryce

  9. Cool shot Mike! Looks great as the cover.... I wish I could get that magazine - they told me last year they wouldn't ship to Hawaii????

     

    Congrats

    Bryce

     

    They have recently started distributing in the US via Ubiquity Distributors Inc. You might want to contact them again at info@asiangeo.com.

  10. Mike is a Canuck (Canadian, eh?), so is not prone to boasting about his achievements.

     

    Congrats!! Great shots all. And thanks for posting because the Magazine is not available here in Canada.

     

    Cheers, Jett

  11. Just discovered this thread Mike! Huge congratulations on the cover. It is incredible. Those eyes look like they extend out of the page! I'm gonna head off to the newsagent tomorrow and grab myself a hard copy. Very very nice.

     

    And Matt and Eric - congratulaions on your portfolios. Very much looking forward to seeing them them for real. They look sensational.

  12. Congrats guys... :D

     

    Mike, what kind of fins were you wearing for those shots :)

     

    Man... how am I ever guna become a famous Pro still guy if you guys keep taking shots like this. To hard, stick with Video.. :D

  13. Apart from just being darn good..

     

    I think it helps immensely if you are surrounded by you subject and get to dive with the buggers every day..

     

    I think if I was to enter photo's of 'cotswold stone houses' into a house build picture festival.. or dairy cows into 'Dairy cow picture of the week'... Or best blade of countryside grass photo competition..... I'd still get no where :D:D

     

    Dive safe & keep getting the shots :)

     

    DeanB

  14. those be cressi free diving fins me lad... cut down a little to fit my dive bag.. haha

     

    dean.. i don't live in Anilao.... haha ( that shot from there)

     

    thanks again everyone.. i love that shot! we have those types of mantis here but not seen too often, we get the spearers more... plain white fellas the size of a rottwheiler with a mean streak to match...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.