Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Bali - Mola Madness Video

Started by shawnh ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Bali - Mola Madness Video

6 posts
  1. Hey folks,

    I finally got around to editing my Bali Mola footage. I threw together a short movie and then broke it down to subclips for easier downloads. All night material was shot using my L&M Flat port (with flip macro for close ups). All wide was shot using my L&M UWA lens. Editing was done in FCP using Apple Intermediary Code. Effects were done in Motion.

     

    To veiw all Mola Madness segments, go to:

    http://www.bluespheremedia.com/bali-padangbai-video.html

     

    Enjoy:)

  2. Real nice, Shawn. I really liked not only the split screen, but the movement in them as they moved around. Very strong opening shot as well - wanted more of that one.

     

    Thanks for sharing

    Bryce

  3. Cool Shawn, now I have to take Kelly to see them, it's her dream. :)

     

    As I was watching them from your site they feed out to my TV. :D

  4. Bryce - The split stuff took a little work, but once i figured it out, it was a great way to work the angles without having the viewer watch endless sequences:) The opening shot was lucky...the fish cooperated!

     

    Wags - I highly recommend it. Kinda like that first great manta encounter one has...but slightly different...because these creatures are just plain odd:) If you are up for it, check in with Wolfgang at Waterworx in Padang Bai. He runs a small, tidy, professional operation. You will only have a few in the boat and he doesn't run bs tours. He will work the timing, tides etc to get you a crowd free encounter. (there a more than a few tricks to make it all work out great). I can help you with timing (both time of year and lunar cycle make a difference).

    BTW, i need a tech session with you some time...man are you working the technology edge for HDV!

    Shawn

  5. Wow! Great videos...

     

    The viz looks great. I spent 3 days in Crystal Bay (which is where this was shot, right), and did NOT have viz like that.

     

    Thanks for sharing

  6. In my experience the vis is usually quite good at crystal bay. that being said, on this day, it was excecptional! we also waited out on the boat prior to each dive until we saw the most amount of divers out of the water. Then we made or approach. I love crystal baby baby!

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.