What is the best / easiest way to convert a Quicktime HDV movie into a HD WMV; I would like to squeeze my hdv movies (average lenghth 25-40 min.) so that they can fit into a DVD and share them with the windows friends.
I own a Power Mac Quad using Final Cut Pro 5.0 for editing and I suppose I lack some plugin to run the HD WMV encoding.
Thanks for your suggestions
You can use Autodesk Cleaner 6.5, however, it is quite expensive, but a very good conversion tool.
You can also try to export quictime conversion menu in FCP, maybe it also works for windows.
Purchase the professional version of Flip4Mac. It plugs right into FCP, QTPro and Compressor. I set up compressor profile and just rip my .movs to .wmvs with drag and drop. Cost is USD179.
It appears automatifcally in FCP and QTPro. Uncovering it in Compressor requires a quick set of steps. This link from Flip4Mac shows you how: http://www.flip4mac.com/knowledge/kb_0037.htm
Be happy to help with any more questions.
-Shawn
Double support for AutoDesk Cleaner. It is the most powerful conversion software out there now with more functions than Squeeze and Compressor. Handles all media very well.
Flip4mac is good too but only for WMV. Doesn't have the range for other codecs.
You may also wish to check out Div codecs which are free.