Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Photoshop question

Started by PRC ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Photoshop question

4 posts
  1. Anyone know where the default setup for the smart sharpen filter is stored in CS2 ?

     

    It is a minor annoyance but somehow I have managed to alter the default on my machine to some ridiculous amount of sharpening - every time I use the filter I darn near have a heart attack when the default setting is applied.

     

    I have tried renaming the default setup and saving a new default setup from within the filter but it seems to ignore that - so I am now looking to delete or hack it.

     

    Paul C

  2. wierd. Mine usually just pops up a window with the settings when I hit control F. Then I can select the level of sharpening from there. It defaults automatically to the last setting I chose.

  3. Thanks Dave and Giles,

     

    Problem turned out to be my sort of error.

     

    Dave's reply put me on to it - I tried ctrl F but that accelerator was not assigned on my system, so I went in via the menu and found that the settings were the last that I used.

     

    The issue was that I seldom go in via the menu system - I had created an action which did the sharpening, the action was hard wiring the amount of sharpening which I had not anticipated.

     

    So now I will go fix the action.

     

    Thanks again,

     

    Paul C

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.