Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

D2x and Seacam SeaFlash 250 issue - missing shots

Started by aytur ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

D2x and Seacam SeaFlash 250 issue - missing shots

5 posts
  1. Intermittent problems are the most annoying. They happen when you are not looking.

     

    I am shooting with a D2x in a Seacam housing with two SeaFlash 250 strobes connected to the housing via Seacam's own six wire S6 sync chords. Two-flash i-TTL is working beutifully with good exposures most of the time.

     

    However, I relized that some of my shots disappear and do not get written on the CF card. This problem occurs only with the SeaFlash 250 strobes. When I connect a SB-800 (on a different housing with N5 bulkhead connectors) everthing is fine. With the SeaFlash 250's turned off, it is again no problem. But if one or both SeaFlash 250'a are turned on, I loose a shot at random. Here is what happens: I focus and release the shutter, the strobes fire and the camera takes the photo notmally. The I check the LCD monitor, and I see the PREVIOUS photo. The one I just took is missing completely. This problem occurs intermittently, but can happen one in every 4 or 5 shots. And I am sure the strobes are ready to fire each time. Very annoying.

     

    Help from D2x and i-TTL experts would be greatly appreciated.

     

    -orhan

  2. Hi Orhan,

     

    Welcome to Wetpixel. When the D2x first came out this was a common problem. I believe Wetpixel admin Luiz Rocha wrote an article about this - see the library for details.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. This is a tough one, since pulling pins will fix the problem, but will disable your I-TTL.

     

    I haven't heard of this from customer's using Heinrichs circuits with the D2x, so I'm afraid I can't help...

  4. Here is the original thread on the problem from March 2005.

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7791

     

    As Ryan says your problem is complicated by the fact you are trying to use TTL. I'm not sure of the solution here either.

     

    Alex

  5. Here is the original thread on the problem from March 2005.

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7791

     

    As Ryan says your problem is complicated by the fact you are trying to use TTL. I'm not sure of the solution here either.

     

    Alex

    there have been a number of updates to the electronics of the seacam 250 flash. there's a user on the board who has these strobes and reported issues that were solved with the updates. you might want to do a search in the Lights, Strobes, and Lighting Technique forum for posts by cronix on a thread i started (can't remember the title of the thread but it had seacam in the title). you might want to contact him and of course your seacam dealer to ask about updates to the electronics.

    hth/paul

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.