Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Nixvue Vista visual storage album

Started by Dave H ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Nixvue Vista visual storage album

3 posts
  1. Has anyone out there had a play with the Nixvue Vista visual storage album?

    Nixvue Vista visual storage album

     

    I'm looking at buying a storage device that I can take on diving/work trips to save all my images to and view them at the same time (and I don't want to lug a laptop around!) The vista seems to have excellent functionality. B)

     

    The product got a very good review at:

    DP Review

     

    Any feedback would be appreciated. They are pretty costly so I want to know how good they are before I waste any money. ;)

  2. This post is IMO,

     

    The little LCD screen on the vista isn't much better than the one on your camera, right? I bet it's the same.

     

    So what I recommend is to review the photos on your camera, or better yet, plug them into a TV. You can zoom in to confirm focus, and bring up the photo information to check your exposure.

     

    Use a "cheap" storage device like the X-drive or Image Tank to save your photos. For about 1/2 the price, you will get 2x the storage.

     

    HTH

    James

  3. I agree with James. I tried out the Nixvue belonging to a friend and the screen wasn't worth the extra cost. I bought a MindStor 20g for about $230 on eBay and other than being "klunky" it seems to work just fine. They have a set of models that are 10, 20 and 30g. Mine is the model 1720 and is "last year's " model.

    TedJ

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.