Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Best Lens to get a port for

Started by d.a.v.e ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Best Lens to get a port for

4 posts
  1. I've got a fair range of nikon glass and am thinking of picking up a d70 for underwater & vacation use. What lens is a good all around lens under water?

  2. I like the 12-24 for wide angle and the 60 mm for macro.

     

    Depending upon your dive locations and style of shooting these may or may not be the best lenses for you. The 10.5x fisheye is a great wide angle lens but you must have large subjects or get very close to your subject.

     

    You may prefer the 105 for macro depending upon your subjects. The 105 has a longer working distance than the 60. It is better than the 60 for small skittish subjects in fairly clear water. They both have the same maximum magnification. I like the new 105 VR but some find it focuses too quickly.

     

    You should do a search of these forums as this subject has been brought up before.

  3. HI,

     

    I second that I use a D70 & use both lenses, they are great !!!!!!

     

    Andy :D:D:):)

  4. d.a.v.e.

    What Nikon lenses do you have?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.